Sunday, July 25, 2010

Source Evaluation

Crocco, Margaret Smith. "The Road to the Vote: Women, Suffrage, and the Sphere."
Social Education. Sept. 1995: 257-264. SIRS Researcher. Web. 25 Jul 2010.

I found this article on the Sirs database. I plan to use this source in my paper because the information I found on this was relative to the topic I had chosen to write about. My topic is the women’s rights movement and this is primarily about voting and other basic rights. The source I found has a lot of great information about this journey in American history and I can use this to help me understand why the women in Atwood’s book put up with the way they were treated.

Imbornoni, Ann-Marie. "Women's Rights Movement in the U.S.." Women's Rights Movement in
the U.S: Timeline of Events (1848-1920). Information Place Database, 2007. Web. 25 Jul
2010.

This source is pretty good because it lists specific events on a timeline so I can look for key points in history and dates. I can use this sight to see what events transpired and then go into further research on the specific event at a later time.

Analysis: I researched the author, Anne-Marie Imboroni, and found out that she is a published children’s author as well as an editor. She wrote the book The American Heritage Student Thesaurus. As far as I can tell, this organization, Information Please Database, is part of an educational network so it would make sense that it would be very well edited and maintained. Because my paper is based on information that happened almost 90 years ago, it is not important that the information is kept current, since I just need dates in the past. The information on this site seemed solid, as I would use this as a reference and research the date and information and it always matched up with what other information I found. I could not find any outside factors that would make me think this source is infected with influences that might make the information less valid. From what I can tell, this source is a very good source for me to use as a reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment